Interact better. Achieve more.
Help with Presenting
Presentations are given by many people, for many reasons and on many occasions. As a result, we all feel differently about presentations and may experience different outcomes:
- some people achieve what they want to achieve and others don’t
- some people like, or love, to present whilst others hate it
- some people look forward to a presentation and others dread them (for hours, days or even weeks beforehand)
The Benefits of a Good Presentation
For an audience, a well-structured presentation will be:
And a confidently delivered presentation will:
- have a great impact on the audience
- get results
- increase confidence for future deliveries
The Extra Benefits of Effective Presentations
For many people, the prospect of having to give a presentation can often lead to stress, anxiety, fear, nausea, sleeplessness or many other things! All of these are detrimental for mental and physical wellbeing.
However, there are a number of things that can be done in understanding how to present effectively that can mitigate these negative aspects. These include:
- properly understanding the audience and reality of the situation
- taking a structured approach to creating the presentation and taking reassurance from that
- knowing the tips, tricks and techniques for looking, and being, more confident when presenting
Presentation Skills Training
To ensure that people can confidently deliver an interesting, understandable and memorable presentation, Mike offers Presentation Skills Training courses.
The training covers topics such as:
- structuring your presentation using tried and tested frameworks
- how (and when) to create everything you need (like slides) to help to maximise the effectiveness of your presentation
- how to engage with the audience
- how to present with confidence by having great posture, changing body language, projecting your voice (and more)
- extra considerations when presenting online (compared to face-to-face)
Presentation Skills Coaching
Mike also coaches people on an individual basis, helping them to become more effective and confident presenters.
Much of what Mike does is focussed on building the confidence of those he works with, helping them to look, feel and be more confident when they present. This increased confidence leads to greater success as well as reduce stress and anxiety.
Mike often also works with people to help them to create their actual presentations, ensuring that they will be interesting, understandable and memorable for the audience and, in doing so, achieve the goals for that presentation, whatever they may be.
There are a number of top tips for presenting on the Tips for Presenting page on this website.
You can also find more tips, best practices and examples in Mike’s book How to be BETTER at PRESENTING – In Person and Online.
And if you would like to find out more about how Mike can help you, or your team, to effectively create and deliver presentations, please feel free to Contact Mike.